Tiny Tabs Pillable Tablets
Tiny Tabs deliver big.
Anyone who has tried to pill a pet that refuses to cooperate knows that it's a big problem. Luckily, there's a tiny solution. Measuring just 6.25mm in diameter (smaller than a Tic-Tac®), Tiny Tabs may make pilling much easier. They're perfect for the most difficult-to-administer or bitter-tasting medications, and are cost-effective dosage forms.
to see our vintage-inspired instructional video on how to pill your pet.
We care about the high cost of non-compliance.
An animal's compliance with medication regimes is not a joke when compliance makes the difference between good health and illness. A animal's health, of course, is tied to compliance.
These facts from recent research
may surprise you:
- The rate of compliance for chronic medication is just 76%. That means an astounding 24% of pets aren't being treated with the medications they need to live healthy lives — and in some cases, simply to live.
- Pet owners who are shown one or more ways to administer medication had a significantly higher rate of compliance (73% vs. 59% for those not shown). Yet, only 43% of practices show pet owners how to administer medication.
- 60% of owners would pay more for medication that is palatable or easy to administer.
- 93% of veterinarians say that compliance monitoring has a positive impact on their practice.
- 72% of pet owners would like to receive information in writing about their pets’ medication so they could refer back to it.
Here are 8 ways to make non-compliance a non-issue.
- Give pet owners information about the dangers of non-compliance.
- Give pet owners simple, detailed instructions and easy administration techniques.
- Prescribe medications that taste good.
- Prescribe medications that are small and easy to administer.
- Prescribe medications that are more affordable, when possible.
- Provide automated refill reminders.
- Make it easier, safer and more convenient for pet owners to get the medications they need.
- Increase communication and follow-up with pet owners.
We care about doing our part.
We're committed to ensuring that your patients not only receive the proper medications they need, but also continue to take them as prescribed. You can turn to us for hard-to-find medications
, smaller-than-a Tic-Tac® Tiny Tabs
™, Low-Dust Granules
®, Quad tabs
®, Tiny Tabs
®, the Twist-a-Dose
® transdermal gel applicator, the Twist-a-Taste
® oral gel applicator, more than 30 animal-friendly flavors
like fish, liver, chicken, beef, and tutti-frutti, and custom-compounded medications to meet your exact specifications. You and your clients also can turn to our online learning center
for scores of professional monographs
, medication information for pet owners
and hundreds of articles from our partner, PetMD
Turn to Wedgewood Pharmacy to help maintain the health of the animals in your care.
As one of the nation's largest compounding pharmacies, our specialized compounding pharmacists have helped to solve unique medication problems for animal-health practitioners since 1981. Serving more than 30,000 human-health and animal-health prescribers, we have the experience and resources to help you to solve many complex medication-compliance issues.
If you do not find the specific compounded medication, dosage form and/or flavor that meets your needs, please call our customer care specialists at 877.357.6613.